Reduced pain and inflammation, improved mood, and sleep are some of the many known benefits of cannabis-infused tea. A cup of your favorite flower may improve and reduce insomnia, headaches, and even improve your gut health.
Medical marijuana is today widely known and used for the treatment of stress, anxiety, and other mood-related issues. It is also popular among those suffering from chronic pain such as arthritis.
Reap the Benefits of Cannabis-Infused Tea
Cannabis-infused drinks are becoming more popular here in Canada. The increase in popularity has a lot to do with the proven benefits of drinking this infused tea.
Drinking your cannabis rather than smoking it appears to have a gentler and more long-lasting effect, as it sets in slowly, which is popular among people living with chronic pain and sleeping disorders. Many tea drinkers describe the feeling as a mild euphoric sensation rather than an intense high, making it popular among most users.
Cannabis-infused drinks appear to have a positive effect both physically and mentally. Many chronic illnesses affect the gastrointestinal system, and cannabis-infused tea has been proven to noticeably improve the gut health of those consuming it.
How to Make Cannabis-infused Drinks in Canada at Home
There are a couple of different ways to make cannabis-infused tea. Described below is an easy yet tasty way to make your own cannabis-infused drinks in Canada.
- Half a gram of marijuana
- Half a tablespoon of coconut oil
- One and a half cups of boiling water
- Tea infuser ball or bag
- Cinnamon or similar spices
- Sweetener such as honey or maple syrup
Directions for Cannabis Tea:
- Grind your flowers, and make sure to remove any stems or seeds. You want it to look just like regular loose-leaf tea. Be mindful of the tea’s potential potency—start with a smaller amount of marijuana if you are unsure of your tolerance level.
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot rather than using a kettle. The reason for using a pot is that you want the cannabis to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the ground flowers with the fat. Ensure the pieces are covered without being soaked, then place them in your infuser/tea bag.
- Place the infuser in the pot and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- You can now enjoy your tea straight up or add in spices, sweeteners, and even some oat or coconut milk if milky tea is your thing.
Time for Cannabis Tea
Cannabis-infused tea is a delicious way to take advantage of the many benefits of your flowers.
Worth noting is that it may take up to an hour before you feel the effects of your tea, just like with any edibles. Your tolerance level and how strong you make your tea are both factors to be mindful of before sitting down to enjoy a cup.